Uncivilized Books is coming to New York for the MoCCA Festival and a couple of post MoCCA events. Here’s what’s going on:
• April 5 & 6. 11 am – 6 pm. MoCCA Festival. We will be tabling with Gabrielle Bell, Sophie Yanow, Jon Lewis, Sam Alden, Alex Holden & Tom Kaczynski. We’re debuting Sophie’s War of Streets and Houses, West Side Improvements by Alex Holden and Eel Mansions #5 by Derek Van Gieson. We’ll be at table C25. Stop by! Info.
• April 5. 1 pm. Sophie Yanow will participate in the Comics and Protests Movements panel on Saturday at MoCCA Festival. Info.
• April 7. 7 pm. Sophie Yanow will read from War of Streets and Houses at Bluestockings in New York. Info. And here’s our Facebook event page.
• April 8. 7-9 pm. Sophie Yanow and Sam Alden are guests at Ben Katchor’s NY Comics & Picture Story Symposium. Info.
If you’re in Montreal today you should go see Sophie Yanow talk about War of Streets and Houses at the launch event at Librairie Drawn & Quarterly! Should be loads of fun! I wish I could go!
We’re getting very close to shipping Sophie Yanow’s War of Streets and Houses. That means our preorder deal is expiring today! Today is your last chance to preorder the book and get a nice letterpress bookplate with it (less than 50 left!). Don’t delay!
It’s our first-ever proper sale! Books by Gabrielle Bell, James Romberger, Crosby, Kevin Huizenga & Dan Zettwoch, Zak Sally, Jon Lewis, Derek Van Gieson & Tom Kaczynski. 20-50% OFF! Check it out!
We have a few specials running on the Uncivilized Books site:
- Because Zak Sally is having a sale over at the La Mano site, we can have a special price on Sammy the Mouse 1 + 2. you now get them both for $20! That’s almost ten bucks off!
- Tom Kaczynski released a new mini-comic: Skyway Sleepless. It’s $3. BUT, if you order $15 or more of our books, you can have it for free!
- Last but not least, there’s still time to get our Fall 2013 Subscription! 5 Books + 20% off + 4 free minis! What a deal!
What are you waiting for?
Stop by to see us at Autoptic’s mini-event Santopticlaus! It’s on Saturday (tomorrow), Dec. 7th 10 am – 6 pm at the CO Exhibitions Gallery. We’ll have our full assortment of books and minis! A bunch of our artists will be joining the fun:
- Derek Van Gieson will be on hand debuting the 4th issue of Eel Mansions!
- Peter Wartman will be signing his acclaimed hit Over The Wall! A perfect holiday gift!
- Coryn LaNasa will help run our table and have copies of her mini-comic Horns!
- Tom Kaczynski will sign copies of Beta Testing the Apocalypse and… maybe have a surprise brand new mini comic!
Stop by and say hello! Details here.
Uncivilized Books will be exhibiting at CAB (Comic Arts Brooklyn) on Saturday, Nov. 9th from 11-7 pm. We’ll have all of our recent books. We’ll be at table U7 with:
- Gabrielle Bell
- Jon Lewis
- James Romberger
- and Tom Kaczynski
We’re looking forward to it! Stop by and see us!
The Brooklyn Book Festival is on Sunday (Sept. 22, 10-6 pm)! Uncivilized Books will be exhibiting at Booth 63 (along with publishing pals at Exterminating Angel Press & Owl Canyon Press). We’ll have all of our recent books & mini comics AND we’ll have James (Post York) Romberger and Jon (True Swamp) Lewis on hand to sign books and comics!
Additionally cartoonist & Uncivilized Books chief, Tom Kaczynski, will be participating in a panel called The Real: Comics Nonfiction:
3:00 P.M. The Real: Comics Nonfiction. Three artists represent the diverse spectrum of topics taken on by nonfiction comics-Ed Piskor’s Hip-Hop Family Tree offers an encyclopedic comics history of the formative years of hip hop; Lucy Knisley’s Relish: My Life in the Kitchen is a loving memoir of growing up gourmet and Tom Kaczynski’s Trans-Terra: Towards a Cartoon Philosophy is a mutant memoir that melds comics, politics, and philosophy. Moderated by Professor Jonathan W. Gray, John Jay College. Featuring screen projection. [at the BROOKLYN HISTORICAL SOCIETY AUDITORIUM (128 Pierrepont Street)]
Check out the panel, meet the artists, stop by and say hello! See you there!
Uncivilized Books will at SPX in full force this weekend! Well be set up on table i8 and our table will be run by Tom Kaczynski (ask him about the French version of Beta Testing the Apocalypse). Here’s who will be around our table this weekend:
Superstars Kevin Huizenga, Dan Zettwoch and Leon Beyond will be camping on our table all Saturday before moving to their own table on Sunday. We’ll have their new book Amazing Facts & Beyond all weekend!
Did you know Peter Wartman’s Over the Wall is our bestseller for the season? Stop by our table to see why this book has been generating so much interest.
We just found out that Zak Sally is coming too! He’ll be at our table showing off the new Sammy The Mouse book (it’s a beaut!) and being his awesome self!
We’ll be debuting Derek Van Gieson’s Eel Mansions #3! Shit gets crazy! We’ll also have numbers 1 & 2 for those who haven’t discovered the series yet. We’ll also have a few copies of Laura Park’s newest mini comic Do Not Disturb My Waking Dream that was created for the Autoptic festival. We don’t have many copies left so don’t leave SPX without it!
Last but absolutely not least, check out our books from David B., James Romberger, Jon Lewis and 2013 Ignatz Award nominated Gabrielle Bell!
See you all there!
Tonight, 7-9 pm at Star Clipper in St. Louis: Dan Zettwoch, Kevin Huizenga & Leon Beyond will be launching Amazing Fact & Beyond at the Star Clipper! See you there!